Legal, Finance & Operations (London-UK)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
NaturalMotion are seeking an Accountant, to join our busy Accounting team, ensuring all transactional work is completed to a high standard, with a focus on monthly journals. You will assist with tax submissions across UK, prepare royalty calculations and liaise with licensors, and provide ad hoc accounting support as required.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will work with various members of the Finance team and Game teams to:
- Perform and ensure accuracy and completeness of the general ledger and month-end closing activities including journal entries, bank postings, adjustments, accruals and account reconciliations
- Prepare disbursements for authorisation and payment
- Ensure bank accounts are adequately funded with foreign currencies as required
- Preparing our quarterly royalty reporting schedules, along with reporting those schedules to our licensors, checking royalty invoices and handling any royalty-based accounts queries
- Track and review all payments to HMRC in relation to Corporation Tax, P11Ds, PSAs and VAT returns
- Provide support for financial statement audits and tax return preparation
- Provide assistance to our other team entities (based in Finland, Israel and Turkey)
- Preparing the monthly EMEA leases journals
- Assist cross functional teams such as HR, Legal, Network Operations, and Studios on joint initiatives
- Assist on ad hoc financial analysis where needed
- Ensure compliance with all applicable finance policies, rules, regulation and laws
Required Skills & Experience
- AAT qualified / part ACCA qualified, preferably with accounting experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of individuals within and without the business, at all levels
- Experience and understanding of digital VAT, alongside submission of returns
- Microsoft Excel (Intermediate +)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proactive approach, quick to learn and able to manage own workload
- An appreciation of systems and processes, understanding their aim and content, and ability to effectively communicate this to the business will be important
- Ability to initiate communication, effectively follow through and provide status updates
- Professional judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.