Game Design (Brighton-UK, London-UK)
Zynga, the global leader in social games, is looking for its next outstanding Audio Designer to join the Star Wars: Hunters team.
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual who is accomplished in sound design for mobile and console games, and has experience supporting live service games. As an Audio Designer on Star Wars: Hunters, you will join a dedicated and passionate team and have the opportunity to work with the beloved IP as you create and contribute to the universe of Star Wars.
The ideal person for this role will be ready to embrace our culture and elevate our business performance by striving for excellence in all aspects of audio production.
- Design, create and implement compelling audio content in collaboration with the audio team and core engineering team.
- Help to integrate, optimize, and give behavior to the sounds, music, and voice assets that breathe life into our games.
- Provide a variety of audio support, including: precision editing, sound design, voice design, and identifying new audio opportunities.
- Understand audio production pipelines and processes and suggest possible improvements.
- Collaborate with the Narrative team to help manage and track dialogue, and design the rules and logic to guide VO implementation.
- Work with Production and QA to help track approval status of assets and licensor feedback, and to provide information for test plans.
- Provide audio support for marketing assets as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Passion for video games and Star Wars.
- Experience in game audio development with at least one shipped mobile or console title.
- Proficiency in use of a D.A.W. such as Reaper, Nuendo or ProTools to record and edit audio files.
- Understanding of audio implementation in Unreal engine via Wwise audio middleware.
- Understanding of how to operate various audio plugins such as iZotope and Waves products.
- Understanding of basic implementation practices such as implementing positional audio into animations, sequencers, weapons etc.
- Keen attention to detail and a focus on delivering the highest quality in every aspect of audio.
- Strong communication skills and a proactive, positive demeanor.
- Familiar with data management and experience with maintaining and updating spreadsheets.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Technical aptitude preferred, and audio engineering experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree with a creative focus preferred.
- Experience designing sound for non-dynamic, linear sequences, and an understanding of the concepts therein, such as blocking out, mixing and dialogue editing.
- Experience with and understanding of cinematic sound design processes and concepts including dubbing, sync effects, Foley, voice editing preferred.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players
- around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday, plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Generous paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.