Character Artist – Star Wars
Art (Brighton, East Sussex)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for a Senior Character Artist to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and producers to ensure consistent product vision
- Identify production and pipeline issues and communicate them appropriately
- Participate in art reviews and respond to critical feedback in a professional manner and contribute feedback to your peers.
- Produce multiple levels of detail while maintaining the highest possible visual quality
- Review and mentor other character artists
Required Skills & Experience
- Expert attention to detail in all aspects of UV Mapping, textures, shaders and LOD’s
- Outstanding understanding of shape, structure and silhouette regarding modelling.
- You have an outstanding understanding of form and anatomy.
- Optimize models and textures to meet the specifications
- Ensure textures display accurately across all required mobile-device resolutions
- You’re passionate about – and have good knowledge of character design, art and culture.
- An excellent portfolio which validates that you have a good knowledge of character creation in different styles.
- Excellent skills in ZBrush, Max or Maya, substance and Photoshop
- Experience in taking care of outsourced character models, giving reviews and feedback.
- Experience working as a character artist on several titles
- Outstanding 3D skills
- Self-Organised and willing to participate in team meetings.
- Strong visual sense for character design
Desirable Skills & Experience
- A Passion for Games
- A loving for the Star Wars brand.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.