Consumer Insights Manager (Gaming)
Marketing & User Acquisition (London, London)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Zynga Consumer Insights is looking for an experienced professional in consumer research to join our team as a Consumer Insights Manager. Reporting to the Senior Director, you will be responsible for identifying actionable insights across Zynga’s portfolio as well as the overall gaming marketplace.
Your focus will be on cultivating and leveraging the “voice of the consumer” across marketing and game design initiatives. Your work will help drive innovations and improvements for both live games and new games in development.
You should be experienced in designing research programs in support of business needs, managing key tracking studies, analyzing and visualizing data, and socializing information across the organisation. As your projects will range from quick-turn qualitative interviews to large-scale quantitative studies, the ability to be flexible against a dynamic set of business priorities is essential.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Research-backed, subject-matter expert on audience and category for a forever franchise or live games for 1 business unit.
- Develops and represents the “voice of consumer” through thoughtful data collection, insightful observations and careful analysis
- Translates business needs into cost effective and appropriate research methodologies ranging from cutting-edge techniques to tried-and-true methods
- Executes qualitative and quantitative research projects ranging from facilitating player interviews to fielding surveys
- Manages key tracking studies including fielding, reporting and analysis
- Manages research relationships with external vendors and internal partners with supervision
Required Skills & Experience
- Passion about games and consumers is a must!
- Experience in a custom primary research function on the client or vendor side
- Meticulous and detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written skills
- Solid analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Ability to structure and deliver presentations clearly, crisply, and compellingly
- Proven project management skills and willingness to be flexible against a dynamic set of business priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and vendors
- 10% travel required, including some international travel.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with business intelligence analysis
- Experience with analytics software tools like SPSS and SQL
- Degree in applied psychology, sociology, economics, engineering, computer science, marketing or equivalent
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.