Development Director (Production) – Star Wars
Production (Brighton, East Sussex)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family of game studios. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling game experiences to mobile platforms.
NaturalMotion has been consistently named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by gamesindustry.biz, and was named Best Large Company in the UK in 2020. Join us!
Summary and Purpose
BossAlien is looking for an experienced Development Director / Lead producer with a proven track record for leading large-scale game development.
As a Development Director at BossAlien you will work on project planning, track progress, do scope and capacity management, build milestone release plans and coordinate production team work.
You will drive the risk assessment and risk mitigation planning for the project. As part of your job you will proactively resolve cross-team dependencies and communicate projects status, risks and plans to studio leadership and stakeholders.
This role will report to the BossAlien Executive Producer.
- Project, Scope and Capacity Management in coordination with production crews and discipline leads
- Measure and communicate project status to the team and stakeholders
- Risk assessment, tracking and management
- Continual improvement of the production process
- Guide the development team to achieve milestone and release goals as planned
- As an experienced leader, supporting, guiding and motivating the team in their day-to-day work
- Support our studio culture of transparency, collaboration and creativity
- Identify and resolve problems, risks and issues in a collaborative way
Your Experience and Skills
- Experience of AAA game development and release management for mobile or PC/Consoles. Experience in development of action multiplayer games is preferable
- Experience of building production scenarios
- Experience of managing teams in different project phases from Preproduction to Launch and Live.
- Experience of building roadmaps, measuring project progress and providing robust, reliable plans to the team and stakeholders
- Solid Project Management/Production experience of teams or sub-teams within a complex, cross-discipline environment
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience in Agile frameworks (SCRUM, Kanban and other). Knowledge of Scalable Agile Frameworks is a plus.
- PMP knowledge is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solver mindset
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.