Environmental Art Intern – 12 Months
Internships & New Graduate Programs (Brighton-UK)
Start Date: Summer 2022
Duration: 12 months
Location: Brighton, UK or London, UK (Hybrid work available)
We are BossAlien, an award-winning developer of mobile games based in Brighton, UK and part of the NaturalMotion family of game studios. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling game experiences to mobile platforms, and we’re fortunate to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz for four years running.
As an Intern Environment Artist, you will be responsible for creating amazing environments that wow our players and partners. Working alongside a highly motivated team on an exciting project, you will have an opportunity to push and share your skills, learn from experienced peers and collaborate with level designers and concept artists to create amazing environments.
Are you an undergraduate looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding 12-month internship in the games industry? Then we want to hear from you.
Key roles & responsibilities:
- To work with the Environment team to create visually excellent, and technically solid assets and levels.
- Creating models and textures from concept or direction.
- To collaborate with team members to build environments and props
Undergraduate, studying computer art/game development or similar.
- Great 3D skills in a major package (Maya or Max)
- Good Texture Creation skills in Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Self-Organised and willing to participate in team meetings
- Strong visual sense with environments and an ability to work from concept and reference
- Ability to take direction well and provide constructive and well-articulated feedback to improve art quality and level layouts
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written, and visual.
- You’re passionate about, and have good knowledge of environment design, art and culture.
- Ability to create high quality environment assets in the required timeframe.
- A Passion for Games
What we offer you:
- Paid internship, working on a real project with a collaborative team.
- We will invest in your development and help you level up your craft by learning new skills and the realities of production engineering code and delivering releases direct to players
- You will be assigned a personal mentor who will support you through the full duration of your internship.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.