Executive Producer – Star Wars
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past five years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Love the process of making great games? Do you like to help guide others through the process from concept to launch and beyond? We are looking for a motivated and experienced Executive Producer to help lead and drive our game production at our NaturalMotion London studio.
You will be experienced at leading a large team of direct and indirect reports, and will have a good understanding of a wide range of leadership, management, communication, and production practices. They will have broad experience in solving complex problems, influencing others, and enabling teams to succeed. They also need to be able to help drive and motivate the team and help to cultivate a positive team culture. Ultimately, this candidate will be a problem solver, including everything from in-the-trenches problem solving that arises in the development processes to high level team planning and career coaching.
Our team is developing Star Wars: Hunters, which is currently in Soft launch and with a planned global launch coming in the near future. Star Wars™: Hunters is a competitive arena combat game, built using the Unreal engine, and will be available for the Nintendo Switch and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
On Star Wars: Hunters, our production team is focused on HOW games get made. Our Executive Producer is responsible for leading and mentoring a team of producers whose goal is to support and drive the development team to deliver on time, and at quality.
- As part of our game leadership team, partner closely with peers in other crafts to establish, maintain, communicate the production and live service of our project
- Contribute to overall studio leadership and organizational direction, specializing in matters pertaining to Production
- Work with your key reports to create an organizational structure, processes, and project plan that allow the team to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget
- Tackle complex risks and problems while balancing priorities across multiple crafts and teams
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to proactively get results and outcomes
- Passionately articulate goals and team principles to help form a stimulating and fun work environment and culture
- Identifying and helping guide the team around potential hazards that come up through the normal game dev process
- Help define and set standard processes and make sure they are communicated out across the team
- Help the game team navigate the live cycle of the development process
- Help build and strengthen the communication between teams and locations
- Help foster a positive culture
- Above all, flexibility and adaptability are key
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in leading and guiding multi-discipline teams through all stages of development, with at least 2 games shipped as Executive Producer, Senior Development Director or equivalent
- Experience running production on a live game
- Extensive knowledge of and proficiency in the game development process
- Strong experience working within Agile methodologies
- Experience with various project management tools, including Jira
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong problem-solving skills, along with a keen attention to detail
Desired Skills and Experience
- Console or PC experience
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Summer/Winter parties and weekly Happy Hours in the studio
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays, 2 paid personal days
- 6 months of fully paid maternity/adoption leave or 16 weeks of fully paid paternity leave (eligibility criteria apply)
- Pension plan with a double matching employer contribution (capped at 8%)
- Private medical insurance, dental insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, accident insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Company Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (eligibility criteria apply)
- Fitness Reimbursement plan worth £600 per annum
- Charitable Giving Platform to which the Company contributes a 2:1
- Annual season ticket advance and cycle to work scheme
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to seek next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.