IT Support Technician
IT, Development Operations & Security (Brighton, East Sussex)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at BossAlien studio in Brighton, part of the NaturalMotion family. BossAlien’s mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Zynga is looking for a Support Technician to join our team. You will the point of contact for all IT tickets submitted within the studios, as well as supporting remote employees. Possessing a strong sense of ownership, the ability to collaborate with other team members, and broad problem-solving experience.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide support to remote workers and vendors
- Troubleshoots, maintains, and monitors internal hardware, software, printers
- Assists in the installation, implementation, upgrades of internal IT Systems and software as and when needed
- Maintain all IT end-user equipment, hardware, software, and supplies
- Serves as 1st and 2nd Line Support while assisting Zynga and its subsidiary’s employees across all regions
- ITIL best practices
- Assisting projects; planning, prioritizing, and administering work
Required Skills & Experience
- Expert in Hardware, Software and Application Support
- Proficient in 1st, 2nd and escalation to 3rd line IT Support when required
- Admin of IT Purchasing and working with suppliers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to communicate at all levels and the ability to carry out tasks independently in non-standardized (ever-changing) work situations
- Implement enhancements to ease administration for users, and peers
- Troubleshoot and work escalated tickets where applicable
- Identify and propose technical improvements to leadership
- Assist with SCCM and JAMF as and when needed
- Jira Service Desk assistance: Metrics and reports build.
- Offering phone support to all global studios and employees
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Support of both PC and Mac hardware
- Windows 10 and MacOS
- AD administration, DHCP, DNS, SCCM, Imaging
- Microsoft 365 and GSuite / Google Workspace
- SSO and OneLogin
- Jira and Confluence
- Good networking and server knowledge
- Mobile support, iOS and Android
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.