Lead AI Engineer -Unreal- Star Wars
Engineering (Austin-TX, Brighton-UK, London-UK, Remote-UK, Remote-US)
As Lead AI Engineer, you will collaborate with a diverse team of developers with backgrounds in PC, console, and mobile development, and work with leading-edge technology and content pipelines.
In this role, you will be empowered to bring characters to life in Star Wars: Hunters, a new, premiere game set in the Star Wars universe. The AI opponents you design and build will entertain millions of players around the world daily in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battle.
Keeping the health and safety of our employees top of mind, we are currently operating in a remote working model, however our offices remain open for flexible use. We understand each person's circumstances are unique, and will work with you on the best way to join our team during this time.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help build a landmark title. We look forward to meeting you!
- Architect and implement AI systems and features.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and other engineers.
- Build and maintain tools and workflows that improve engineering and design efficiency.
- Iterate on existing features and systems to improve game-feel, performance, and stability.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience as an engineer shipping games in a commercial environment.
- Excellent C++.
- Expertise with UE4, particularly with gameplay and AI related systems.
- Experience with networked games using a client/server architecture.
- Technical architecture, system design, and analytical skills.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Creative debugging skills.
- Experience setting technical strategy for AI and leading other engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including designers, artists, QA and other developers.
- Healthy curiosity for game design principles and theories.
- Passionate about game development and the future of the medium.
You do not need to meet all of the above criteria to apply - we welcome applications from non-traditional backgrounds and from underrepresented groups who may not have had the same opportunities as others to obtain these skills.
What we offer you
- Take-Two Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
**Remote work from an alternate location could be considered**
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.