Lead Manager, Product Marketing – Racing
Marketing & User Acquisition (London-UK)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
As the Lead Manager, Product Marketing you will head up the marketing team for Racing at NaturalMotion which includes CSR2 and future titles.
Working closely with the game team discipline leaders and central marketing peers, you will grow the commercial success of the product. You will lead on developing best in class marketing strategy and cutting-edge go-to-market plans for future releases and content, you will be at the core of the decision-making.
You’ll partner with Consumer Insights and the game team to influence the product strategy and roadmap, ensuring the game satisfies consumer needs and business objectives.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Closely liaise with functional marketing leads to develop and execute integrated marketing plans for our games in the racing genre
- Work with Product Management and Design to provide detailed marketing forecasts and executive presentations at key product milestones, both in production and when live
- Partner with car manufacturers, IP holders, and talent on co-marketing opportunities
- Analyse performance of all marketing programs to identify the best opportunities for optimisation, and regularly iterate to improve performance
- Identify value propositions and key messages that bond the right players to our games
- Write creative briefs for internal or external agencies to ensure all teams produce outstanding creative which is consistent across all channels and resonates with consumers
- Be a “marketing ambassador” between the central marketing teams and game teams
- Ensure goals and incentives are aligned across all teams including game studio, platform partnerships, marketing creative, lifecycle, paid acquisition, social and app store optimisation
- Work closely with the game development teams and studio leadership to define feature development and the messaging and marketing of all key features
- Lead a marketing team focused on product marketing, social/community, and creative
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in free-to-play game marketing with a strong background of success and results across multiple game projects
- Significant leadership experience
- A passion for mobile / video games
- Experience in launching blockbuster titles and working on live games as a service
- Understanding of free-to-play acquisition, retention, and monetizing key product indicators
- Passion for car and/or racing game culture
- Experience working with licenses and talent
- Strong influencing skills; effective cross-functional driver
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be flexible on a day to day basis with task priority
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.