Lead Producer – Racing
At NaturalMotion, you will play a key part in building innovative games that wow tens of millions of players around The World. In 2022, we were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. Just two of the reasons to join the NaturalMotion success story.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. The team loves welcoming credible talent full of Professional Pride; Ambition; and Humility, who want to do the best work of their career.
We are currently looking for a Lead Producer to lead the Live Operations on the new project. This is a senior production role that will report directly to the Executive Producer. You will partner with the Product manager and Lead designer to lead the Live Operations team consisting of producers, designers, PMs, engineers, artists and QA.
Summary and Purpose
As Lead Producer at NaturalMotion, you will be the driving force within teams. You will own the planning and path to achieving the highest quality with a premiere mobile Racing game, helping teams to deliver an amazing game at high quality, on budget and on time. You will champion the improvement of the development processes through team retrospectives and feedback.
You will work with risk assessment and risk mitigation planning. As part of your job you will proactively resolve any dependencies and communicate the production status, plans, risk mitigation, and development metrics back to the team and to the studio leadership. You are able to react and make decisions quickly and independently.
- Plan and deliver: Working with feature teams, leadership, and partner teams, you will define the work to be done, work with stakeholders and the team to set backlog priorities, ensure ownership, build long and short term plans, and communicate to all interested parties.
- Manage Releases: Ensure high quality releases, working with QA, Development, Design, Art, Product, and any other teams to ensure our internal and external releases are well understood, high quality and meet all requirements.
- Help Drive the Commercial Success. In creating events, promotions and sales as well as optimizing their overall structure and cadence to driving retention and monetization.
- Keep the Game Fresh & Varied. Mentor and coach your team to offer new and exciting experiences to our players.
- Lead the Live Ops Team. With a deep understanding of a wide range of leadership, management and communication practices, you will optimise engagement and quality in your team, whilst instilling it with the culture and values of NaturalMotion.
- Define the Live Operations Strategy. Adhering to our Player Charter you balance commercial growth and player happiness/engagement. You will set the goals for the live ops team, supporting the overall strategy and feature development and align with the leadership group.
- Collaborate Across Departments. Collaborate closely with Customer Support, Social Media, Marketing Support team, challenging them to stretch and be ambitious.
- Own the Backlog. Prioritize the live operations backlog to balance tool and workflow improvements versus content and smaller game improvements.
- Communicate and Lead: Own written, verbal and visual communication between disciplines, teams and individuals. Present transparent progress status and risk plan reporting, as well as quantitative production milestone metrics. Keep everyone in sync with plans, and changes as they happen. Provide vision and direction to individuals and teams, provide clear ownership of problem-solving and help as we develop features.
Skills to Create Thrills
- You will have demonstrable ability in defining, overseeing and executing best-practice Live Operations and Games as a Service approaches, delivering vibrant, performant content week after week.
- Knowledge about mobile games and the key design and monetization trends and opportunities that will shape live operations in the future.
- Able to represent the players’ needs in backlog planning and refinement meetings, ensuring their expectations are consistently being exceeded.
- Comfortable communicating and presenting to big teams, leadership, and Zynga collaborators. Effective in one-to-one as well as one-to-many communication. Effective team collaborator and meeting facilitator.
- Real passion for gaming, especially mobile.
- Highly capable and experienced in Agile SCRUM, Kanban, team management, long and short-term project scheduling and execution
- Strong status and risk reporting skills including executive-level project reporting
- Effective at bringing order out of chaos, excellent prioritization and decision making skills
- Capable of being responsible for a defined area of a project, expected to provide best
- practice input and mentoring to the more junior members of the group
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Take2 stock allowance
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 26 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- 6 months fully paid parental leave or 3 months fully paid parental leave
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.