Lead Product Manager
Product Management (San Francisco, CA)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager who can bring its games to the forefront of the industry: building unforgettable social experiences, connecting hundreds of millions of people throughout the world and delighting its users through games.
Equipped with user data, you will have the freedom to provide experience, direction, and measurable performance to the game design process, building high quality social games for millions.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Part of the Central Product Management (CPM), you will help multiple teams across EMEA manage the end-to-end lifecycle(s) of complex products spanning multiple feature areas. This will involve writing and consulting on specs, overcoming design challenges and taking the lead for promoting interoperability and scale. In addition, the Lead Product Manager will drive the overall research strategy, driving the usage of core innovative game technology, and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis. Through strong customer empathy, the Lead Product Manager will be responsible to develop deep insights into customer needs and how the roadmap addresses those needs.
You will coordinate Product Managers across multiple products; they will work with their team to set clear/measurable objectives and ensure the team is effectively crafting project plans based on priorities, and ultimately driving positive business outcomes. Lastly, the Lead Product Manager will deliver their vision & strategy, monitor product progression and partner with product marketing for launch.
Required Experience & Skills
- Experience in product management in consumer products
- Ability to build wire-frames, product specifications and white papers
- Experience with managing dynamic applications and multivariate testing
- Able to lead, motivate, and develop a team – including those who do not directly report to you
- Exceptional data analysis and problem solving skills. SQL querying abilities is a strong plus
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive team
- A passion for games, creating fu and, compelling user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organisational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry and competitor trends
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Consumer mobile or game development experience
- Experience in working with and coordinating large-scale projects with central teams
- Previous start-up, social networking and/or consulting experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.