Lead Server Engineer – Racing
Engineering (London, London)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio – responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 – is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore – the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Server Engineer to join our world-class team. Youe will have a passion for large-scale high-availability systems, a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Professional experience in software development for mobile and/or web applications
- Code review our team and help us execute our ambitious plans
- Able to work collaboratively with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, and implement sophisticated software solutions
- Experience with stateful services (i.e Socket Servers)
- Able to work on multi-day tasks and is aware of the tech plan for the Racing server team
- Able to communicate with key partners and colleagues
- Kubernetes experience within production
- Experience in AWS and have a deep understanding of their product offering
- Experience with wide column stores (e.g DynamoDb, Azure Table Storage, Cassandra)
Required Experience & Skills
- Docker Experience
- Experience of developing web and mobile applications on scalable microservices architecture
- You are an authority on Kubernetes and building scalable distributed Microservices
- You are an advocate for making data informed system design decisions
- Experience working with TDD
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Have worked in, or have a strong interest in the gaming industry
- Interest in infrastructure deployment and monitoring
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.