Level Designer – Star Wars
Game Design (Brighton-UK, London-UK)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for Level Designer to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Own the level design process for multiple levels, from ideation and moodboarding, through greyboxing, to coordinating final art polish
- Work with art, creative leadership, and other designers to create environments that adhere to the vision for the game
- Take constructive feedback from repeated play to “find the fun” and craft AAA quality levels
- Solicit, organise, and distil feedback from within the team and the broader organisation
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven Level Designer with first-hand experience creating engaging and vibrant levels
- A passionate fan of the action genres and understand what makes their favourite maps and levels great, from well-placed chokepoints to smartly constructed player flow. Applying these learnings to new levels in our world, and own the creation of those levels from the first moodboard images to coordinating final art polish
- Proponent of designing through constant playtest and iteration, and are gracious and adept at taking constructive feedback and applying it to their level designs.
- Natural storyteller, not with words but with the game environment itself. Understanding that storytelling is a function of visual elements, emergent gameplay moments, and the interaction of systems and environments in novel ways that continually surprise and delight the player
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.