Production, Quality Assurance (London-UK)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
You will be the primary localization stakeholder for a number of Zynga’s Europe-based games, responsible for coordinating and owning every step of the localization and LQA process.
Daily responsibilities include coordinating with outsourced translation and LQA teams to schedule. As well as preparing and overseeing all aspects of translation and testing, working closely with Europe-based game teams to deliver localization and LQA sign-offs on schedule per game. Serving in an important role as a UK representative of the International Production team based in San Francisco.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinate daily localization jobs for all content types, owning all aspects of the Translation Management System for your games, including monitoring of all automated string pipelines, creating manual localization jobs, and managing the translation workflow
- Work with game teams to gather contextual information and provide to our translation partners for all translation jobs
- Prepare daily LQA testing tasks per game, either overseeing live UK-based testing or delivering an LQA test packet to our testing partners to enable Pacific time zone testing
- Work with our LQA partners to create, implement and maintain LQA test plans according to release schedules per game
- Support external localization and LQA partners by reviewing work and providing feedback
- Foster a strong working relationship with our external localization project management and LQA test lead points of contact
- Supervise and maintain ownership of the localization bugs logged by LQA
- Identify and highlight bug trends and other areas of risk to internal and external stakeholders
- Plan detailed localization and LQA schedules one week in advance and high level schedules months in advance
- Provide monthly budget forecasts up to two years in advance and ad-hoc updates as needed
- Develop a deep understanding of all assigned games
- Evangelize best practices, contribute to strategic decisions, and proactively problem solve as the localization subject matter expert for assigned games
- Ensure effective collaboration between International Production, game teams, and other central service teams for all assigned projects (e.g. Marketing, Legal, etc.)
- Work closely within the International Production team to improve localization and LQA processes
Required Skills & Experience
- Production and/or QA Test Lead (or equivalent) experience
- Knowledge of and experience in the globalization industry, including localization, internationalization, and game/software development
- Strong project management skills; ability to multi-task and manage schedules, budget and prioritization per project
- Flexible, motivated, self-starter, and continuous learner; enthusiastic and goal-oriented; exceptional team player; pro-actively resolves ambiguity and loose-ends
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive communicator that can keep the internal teams based in San Francisco and India, and vendor teams based in Europe, properly involved and informed
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google docs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Proficiency with bug tracking databases, preferably JIRA
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with translation, project management, and or test case management software
- Fluency in one or more language (other than English)
- Passion for social games
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.