Payroll Manager, EMEA
Legal, Finance & Operations (London, London)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Zynga are hiring for a Payroll Manager. You will work as part of the EMEA corporate accounting team covering an expanding set of regional studios and payrolls.
General duties will focus on payroll review and compliance across EMEA studios. Expect your time to be split across multiple entities, operating multiple monthly payrolls. Working closely with HR to process, submit, and review payrolls, you will also be responsible for monthly payroll account postings and reconciliations, as well as annual payroll and tax reporting.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance EMEA, you will work with other members of the finance team in:
- Reviewing multiple monthly payroll cycles across EMEA studios
- Preparation and processing of monthly payroll payments
- Month end payroll account posting and balance reconciliations
- Preparation and submission of annual tax reporting
- Ensuring statutory payments are appropriately applied
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable payroll policies, rules, regulation and laws
- Acting as a first point of contact for staff questions / queries regarding pay and taxes
- Ad hoc project work on acquisitions, system transformation, and new payroll processes
- Assisting cross functional teams such as HR, Legal, and Studios on joint initiatives
Required Skills & Experience
- Past experience with UK payrolls from input to reconciliation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- An appreciation of systems and processes, understanding their aim and content, and ability to effectively communicate this to the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of individuals within the business
- Professional judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management
- Familiarity with equity payroll
- Knowledge of UK annual tax reporting
- Understanding of cross border issues relating to payroll and tax reporting
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.