Legal, Finance & Operations (London, London)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Zynga’s Legal Department is looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic Privacy Counsel.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide a wide range of subject matter expertise and resource on privacy, security and data protection
- Work with teams worldwide on various privacy and security initiatives
- Partner very closely with your colleagues on Client’s legal team on a number of cross functional projects with privacy implications
- Draft external privacy notices and disclosures, and manage/update internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with global privacy laws
- Provide guidance and interpretation on legal requirements to the engineering and product teams with respect to existing and new product features and functionality for privacy-by-design initiatives
- Draft data protection impact assessments
- Analyse privacy law developments and provide analysis and guidance for implementation into business processes
- Counsel and advise commercial teams and business partners on data protection related provisions in contracts
- Managing outside counsel
Required Skills & Experience
- UK qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Relevant legal experience advising multinational companies on global data privacy regulation and laws
- Experience with global privacy regulations, including GDPR, the ePrivacy Directive, KVKK, and LGPD, as well as a strong familiarity with US privacy laws, including the CCPA and CPRA
- Qualified in at least one EU jurisdiction, preferably with IAPP/other privacy certification
- Pragmatic and innovative problem solver, a business-oriented professional and a strong communicator
- Flexible and possess a willingness to work with all levels of the organisation, without ego, to get the job done
- Reliability, strong work ethic, team spirit and having pride in one’s work
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Inhouse experience
- Experience working in the technology or media industry, including Gaming or AdTech
- Experience working with US-based public companies
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.