Producer – Racing
Production (Birmingham-UK, London-UK)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore - the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
As Producer at Naturalmotion Racing team, you will be responsible for the planning and path to achieving the highest quality.
You will empower teams to deliver an amazing game at high quality, on budget and on time. Champion the improvement of the development processes through team retrospectives and feedback. As a strong facilitator, you will own the team planning, retrospectives, product review meetings, to ensure all teams have common and clear short and long-term goals. As a supportive leader for the team, you will help developers to stand on common ground and removing obstacles along the way.
Work with risk assessment and risk mitigation planning. As part of your job you will resolve any dependencies and communicate the production status, plans, risk mitigation, and development metrics back to the team and to the studio leadership. You are able to react and make decisions quickly and independently.
You will be reporting to the projects Lead Producer. This role can be based in our London or Birmingham studio.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Planning and Execution: Working with a feature team, leadership, and partner teams, you will define the work to be done, work with partners and the team to set backlog priorities, ensure ownership, build long- and short-term plans and communicate to all interested parties.
- Communication and Leadership: Own written, verbal and visual communication between disciplines, teams and individuals. Present transparent progress status and risk plan reporting, as well as quantitative production milestone metrics. Keep everyone in sync with plans, and changes as they happen. Provide vision and direction to individuals and teams, provide clear ownership of problem-solving and feature development.
- Process Improvement: Craft the right process for the right teams and problems. Constantly iterate on these solutions through the team retrospectives and feedback to find the best way for delivering game updates effectively and thoroughly through all stages from Concept Prototype to Live.
Required Skills & Experience
- A Producer with full production cycle experience from Concept Prototyping to Launch and Live Operations
- Highly capable and experienced in Agile SCRUM, Kanban, team management, long and short-term project scheduling and execution
- Strong status and risk reporting skills including executive-level project reporting
- Experience in leading large multi-disciplinary feature teams developing towards specific deadlines and delivering to a world-class quality bar
- Effective at bringing order out of chaos, excellent prioritization and decision-making skills
- Experience with implementing and improving release process
- Capable of being responsible for a defined area of a project, expected to provide best practice input and mentoring to the more junior members of the group
- Influential through in-person and written communication channels. Effective in one-to-one as well as one-to-many communication. Effective team collaborator and meeting facilitator.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.