Quality Assurance (Brighton-UK)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for QA Analyst to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will drive and support the overall quality of the title. Undertake the planning and execution of various testing techniques to increase confidence in the product's robustness and the reduction of risk to players having poor experiences.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Executes testing as required by the project’s needs
- Works as part of an embedded QA team, speaking with engineers, artists and designers to identify risks to product quality
- Acts as the primary point of contact for delegated areas, this requires independent analysis to assess communication channels and workflows, as well advising on the most effective test approaches
- Speaks as the QA representative with production, engineering, design and partner teams for current areas of delegation
- Briefing outsource QA teams, supporting their testing and fielding questions where required
- Calls on experience to help iterate on the QA team’s processes. Contributes thoughts and ideas on potential improvements
- Writes, updates and maintains documentation, including version control where required
- Contributes toward test suite creation and maintenance
- Assists in the tracking and reporting of quality metrics
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience of working on multi-platform games, or games on multiple platforms
- Practical testing experience in the games industry
- Experience with working on a project developed with the Unreal gaming engine
- Familiar with source control solutions such as Perforce, GIT or SVN
- Understanding of client/server testing and the importance of metadata
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience in live operations
- ISTQB Certified or similar on the job experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.