QA Analyst – Star Wars
QA & Customer Support (Brighton, East Sussex)
An exciting position has opened up within the cross-platform studio. We are looking for a QA Analyst to join our team in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
The role of the QA Analyst is to both drive and support the overall quality of the title. They undertake the planning and execution of various testing techniques to increase confidence in the product’s robustness and the reduction of risk to players having poor experiences.
QA Analysts provide an essential service in the raising and tracking of defects and issues, writing test suites to ensure overall test coverage and escalation of critical failures for review and resolution.
Analysts are expected to analyze data and react to current business objectives to assist in the prioritisation of tasks. They take ownership of some elements, which includes the creation of test cases and planning the test coverage, which in turn may include the briefing of external QA vendors.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Executes testing as required by the project’s needs
- Works as part of an embedded QA team, speaking with engineers, artists and designers to identify risks to product quality
- Acts as the primary point of contact for delegated areas, this requires independent analysis to assess communication channels and workflows, as well advising on the most effective test approaches
- Speaks as the QA representative with production, engineering, design and partner teams for current areas of delegation
- Briefing outsource QA teams, supporting their testing and fielding questions where required
- Calls on experience to help iterate on the QA team’s processes. Contributes thoughts and ideas on potential improvements
- Writes, updates and maintains documentation, including version control where required
- Contributes toward test suite creation and maintenance
- Assists in the tracking and reporting of quality metrics
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of working on multi-platform games, or games on multiple platforms
- At least 2 year of practical testing experience in the games industry
- Experience with working on a project developed with the Unreal gaming engine
- Familiar with source control solutions such as Perforce, GIT or SVN
- Understanding of client/server testing and the importance of metadata
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience in live operations
- ISTQB Certified or similar on the job experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.