Senior Animator – Star Wars
Art & Animation (Brighton-UK)
We are BossAlien, an award-winning developer of mobile games based in Brighton, UK and part of the NaturalMotion family of game studios. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling game experiences to mobile platforms, and we’re fortunate to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz for five years running. We are very proud to be a winner alongside our industry colleagues and strive to constantly improve the working culture for our staff.
You will be working as part of a dedicated in-house team responsible for building amazing animations that wow our players and partners. Working in a highly motivated team you will have an opportunity to develop and share your skills, learn from experienced peers and collaborate with modellers and concept artists to craft amazing characters.
As a Senior Animator you will be working closely with the rest of the team to create high-quality character animations. You will be responsible for creating consistent levels of work and ensuring that each animation has the right energy and personality, as intended by the project vision.
- Animation Core Principles – Identifies and applies Animation Principles consistently such as “timing” and “weight”. Good understanding of human and animal body mechanics and anatomy. Good knowledge in hand keyed and motion captured animation.
- Animation Functionality - Create quality animations that integrate well with the rest of the content and ultimately works for the needs of the game and not just stand alone. Knowledge in game engine implementation.
- An excellent portfolio which demonstrates your ability to create excellent game animations and validates that you have a good knowledge of animation creation in different styles.
- Passionate about – and have good knowledge of animation, art, and games.
- Cross Discipline Communication and Collaboration – Partners with other disciplines to build consensus and direction around a common goal.
- An understanding of and working knowledge on some level of the following: art pipelines, game engines, how their work fits with other game disciplines. The ability to identify production and pipeline issues and communicate them appropriately.
- Giving and receiving feedback – Regularly contributes and engages others with constructive and specific feedback based on a growth mindset. Participate in reviews; responds to critical feedback in a professional manner.
- Technical Organization – Practice good notation, naming conventions, and archiving practices to ensure work materials are easy to locate and understandable by others.
- Prioritization, Efficiency, Time Management – Able to align on big picture goals, prioritise time-sensitive or high-risk deliverables and consistently deliver to an agreed schedule.
Skills and Experience Required
- Extensive experience working as a Senior 3D animator in games.
- Strong proficiency with Maya.
- Experience in cleaning up and working with motion capture data.
- Self-Organised and willing to participate in team meetings.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the Unreal Blueprint system.
- Working with external teams.
- A Passion for Games.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays, 2 paid personal days
- 6 months of fully paid maternity/adoption leave or 16 weeks of fully paid paternity leave (eligibility criteria apply)
- Pension plan with a double matching employer contribution (capped at 8%)
- Private medical insurance, dental insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, accident insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Company Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (eligibility criteria apply)
- Fitness Reimbursement plan worth £600 per annum
- Charitable Giving Platform to which the Company contributes a 2:1
- Annual season ticket advance and cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.