Senior Software Engineer- DevOps -Star Wars Hunters
Engineering (Brighton-UK, London-UK)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for Senior DevOps Engineer to join us in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
The Senior Devops Engineer will be responsible for building out and supporting our DevOps automation processes and build pipelines for Star Wars: Hunters.
As a member of our Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse and experienced crew of engineers and developers, and to help us build leading-edge software systems - for supporting both our live game services in addition to our internal content creation process.
You will have a deep passion for building sophisticated software systems, a dedication to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
- You shall help drive the design and implementation of core pipelines to support the underlying game systems, building on the deployment and availability of Unreal Engine and our associated backend services
- You shall be part of a close-knit team, where you will collaborate to create systems and tools for game services, including CI/CD pipelines and Jenkins jobs
- Personally creating well-designed, adaptable, and testable solutions, including work on developing automated testing pipelines
- You will build and scripts and contribute to larger code bases – Primarily in Python, Jenkinsfiles, Dotnet Core and Go.
- You shall also be gathering and sharing knowledge across our Systems Engineering teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have a proficient understanding of the DevOps process - CI, automated testing, distributed build systems.
- You are familiar with DevOps build automation frameworks, such as Jenkins
- You have experience in creating well crafted, efficient and testable code in scripting languages such as Python, Packer, Terraform and Jenkins
- You document your code and systems with concise overview descriptions and guides
- You can demonstrate an understanding of the benefits of working within Agile enabled teams
- You have a working knowledge of collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence
- You have a working experience of cloud platforms. AWS is preferred, but will also consider Azure Cloud (AZ) or Google Cloud (GCP)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.