Senior Director, Product Management – Racing
Product Management (London-UK)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past six years, NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore - the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Director of Product Management to join our studio and help drive vision, growth and strategy for NaturalMotion Racing’s portfolio and live titles. You will have an excellent understanding of game KPIs and possess a deep understanding of the systems and mechanics that drive metrics. Working with the SVP and Game GMs, your role will oversee the development of strategic project roadmaps from initial design through live-game optimization; be responsible for the product management function and act as the matrix manager for the product managers. You will use a combination of Free to play expertise, racing genre understanding, excellent analytical abilities, business discernment, and critical thinking to innovate and identify right opportunities for growth across Racing titles.
The Senior Director of Product Management, will have a consistent record of owning and delivering optimal cross play experiences to players that raise-the-bar from an innovation, usability, and design perspective whilst thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute towards the NM Racing business strategy to build a robust product roadmap for development and post-launch live operations
- Identify areas of growth ranging from acquisition funnel, cross-platform opportunities and in- game optimisations across all NaturalMotion Racing titles
- Work closely with a Franchise leader and respective GM’s across different games in racing portfolio to outline right roadmap and live ops strategy that results in an outstanding gameplay experience for our players and positively inflect metrics across all platforms
- Partner with Racing leadership, to build a credible long term slate for Racing business which align with Zynga/T2 ambitions
- Drive user and competitive research and collaborate with the central Zynga product management team, driving the usage of core innovative game technology, and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis and an understanding of the market
- Effectively partner with other parts of the organization including cross platform partners, Central Analytics, Consumer Insights and Product Marketing to identify opportunities for product growth
- Build knowledge and understanding of data driven insights within the rest of the team through regular communication and the creation of meaningful dashboards and reports
- Expected to provide valuable input into business cases based on in depth analysis of cross play behavior and demonstrate how that analysis impacts business metrics
- Act as a Mentor and level up the Racing Product Management team. Responsible for hiring and retaining the best Product Management talent in industry
- Be a champion player!
Required Experience & Skills
- Product Management experience in free-to-play game development with a consistent track record in managing live operations, balancing in-game economies and leading PM teams across different platforms
- Deep cross platform knowledge and past experience on working with 3rd party platform partners to deliver optimal cross play experience
- Experience with new game development from concept stage through to worldwide launch
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Experienced at articulating product vision, driving team-wide and studio-wide cross discipline alignment and evangelizing the vision to key stakeholders
- Strong passion for games, creating fun and compelling user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of mid-core genres (FPS, Action-Strategy, RPG)
Desirable Experience & Skills
- PC/Console experience
- Previous experience with leading product for a AAA Free to play Studio
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays, 2 paid personal days
- 6 months of fully paid maternity/adoption leave or 16 weeks of fully paid paternity leave (eligibility criteria apply)
- Pension plan with a double matching employer contribution (capped at 8%)
- Private medical insurance, dental insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, accident insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Company Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (eligibility criteria apply)
- Fitness Reimbursement plan worth £600 per annum
- Charitable Giving Platform to which the Company contributes a 2:1
- Annual season ticket advance and cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.