Senior Game Data Scientist – Racing
Data, Analytics & User Research (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
Here at NaturalMotion we innovate to create games that wow people, bringing new experiences that push the boundaries of the hardware and we’re looking for an Audio programmer that has the same drive to excel. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and building communities that last for years. In 2018 & 2019 NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz and this is an opportunity to join our AAA team working on a new project to integrate breakthrough audio tech.
We have millions of players that generate rich and complex datasets alongside a strong analytics infrastructure. Our data science roles help us deliver huge impact direct to players and in supporting capabilities. We invest in learning and development and believe in strong analytical partners working with other key disciplines. We have strong data culture capabilities making us a compelling career destination.
A successful candidate will enjoy combining analytical/technical skills with an eye for business to deliver value in our game studios and ensure we offer amazing player experience. Contributing to high performing discipline as part of a talented and encouraging team.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Deliver actionable insight as a cross-discipline partner to influence decisions/roadmaps:
- Analytically problem solve: all methods focusing on Discovery, Prescription, Optimization
- Efficiently apply the best machine learning models in production and at scale
- Impactfully communicates with compelling visuals /strong storytelling.
- Working knowledge of experimentation when partnering with cross disciplines
- Deliver good technical capabilities:
- Object orientated programming in production with strong programming principles
- Provide best in class visualization/tools/techniques to share with peers
- Collaborate on end to end data projects: Telemetry >ETL’s > tools (end-user /players)
- Apply mathematical rigour/critical thinking to optimise and personalise the user experiences
- Contribute to the innovative thinking culture of our local and global analytics discipline
- Be an effective cross discipline partner in studio, collaborate with global analytics community
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- BSc or BA.: Data Science, Math, Statistics, Comp Sci preferred; advanced degrees welcome
- Confident in manipulating, transforming, and analysing complex data at large scales
- Experience in:
- SQL and Python at production-grade level, excited to learn new languages where needed
- Big Data infrastructures: Vertica, Spark, Databricks or others e.g. Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
- Building out bespoke visuals/tools using open source technology or BI tools e.g. Tableau
- Evolving an idea from inception to robust and scalable implementation
- Passionate about the discipline, enjoys career growth with strong data science thought leadership
- Enjoys working in a dynamic environment with opportunity to multitask on parallel projects
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable explaining complex ideas clearly and simply
- Strong balance of Business acumen alongside analytical and technical skills
- Strong attention to detail, natural curiosity with ability to problem-solve creatively
- Good influencing skills and enjoys working with partners across disciplines
- Proven track record in similar roles, preferably within gaming, technology or digital
- An interest in the games market and/or enjoys engaging in games /digital apps (preferred)
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.