Senior Producer – Star Wars
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team supporting development on an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for Senior Producer to join us at NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group (ASG) in creating Star Wars: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
Production is the heartbeat of NaturalMotion's ongoing success. As a Senior Producer, you will be vitally important in our quest to make new, world-leading action strategy games which delight our players. Reporting to the Lead Producer, you will carefully balance your efforts between nurturing the development team, advocating the process and delivering the game itself.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will drive the production on one or several cross-functional teams and lead multiple initiatives in parallel
- Manage a backlog together with your teams; setting goals, planning sprints and encouraging commitment. You will align these goals with the overall project direction and ensure predictability in delivery and high quality reporting for your teams
- Anticipate and effectively mitigate issues or obstructions to that plan and ensure its safe delivery
- Be a part of the production team, collaborating across pods and initiatives and supporting one another as we achieve project and division goals
- Play a key role in continuous improvement of production processes, the game and team health
- As a collaborative and inclusive leader you drive production forward at a sustainable pace
Required Skills & Experience
- Production experience in video games or comparable industry, on a mixed-disciplinary software project.
- Experience owning the development, release and/or service operations of at least one game or live digital product
- Resourcefulness and the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects, with a positive influence on team efficiency
- Experience working cross-functionally across many groups in the division and wider company
- A track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Provide the team a rhythm to work to, but preparedness to pivot and remain dynamic. Champion of the development process and encouraging teams to own it
- Experience implementing and nurturing Agile development practices and using common project management tools like JIRA
- Superb attention to detail and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- An excellent delegator, encouraging engagement, ownership & accountability within mixed-discipline pods, and with more junior production team members
- Able to receive feedback openly & adjust leadership style & way of working
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience working closely with Unreal developers
- Passionate about video games and familiar with the mid-core mobile market
- Experience in Co-Development, building relationships with or working with external partner teams
- ASG are also interested to learn from your experience working in distributed teams and what your outlook and philosophy on the future of working
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.