Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay – Star Wars
Engineering (Brighton, East Sussex)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
As a member of our Engineering team you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse and experienced crew of developers and to help us build leading edge technology for a new premiere mobile game in the Star Wars universe. This is a rare and unique opportunity to build a landmark title based on one of the worlds most beloved creative properties that will engage with millions of players daily.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Create core gameplay experiences such as combat movement, ingame systems and/or gameplay content such as modes maps, etc
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design and Production to understand gameplay needs, support development and proactively solve problems
- Write well crafted efficient and testable code using Unreal Engine C and its associated frameworks you have experience in gameplay engineering and are keen to learn these technologies if you do not already know them
Required Skills & Experience
- Bring experience in one or more engineering domains, such as: rendering, networking, mathematics, animation, physics, AI, UIUX native app development build systems, etc
- Use your experience to level up the team around you and ship amazing player experiences
- Deep passion for building sophisticated software systems
- A dedication to engineering craftsmanship and unwavering commitment to quality
- Desire to have your work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide
- Bring a proven understanding of algorithms design patterns debugging and memory performance optimisation
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship and collaborate with peers to improve software design
- Grow with the business, stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.