Senior Tools Engineer (Car Visuals) – Racing
Tools Engineer (Car Visuals)
We are NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are hiring for a Senior Tools Engineer with strong passion and expertise in software engineering practices who seeks to contribute ideas and solutions to push the boundaries of development using the Unity games engine, and are passionate about building the best game possible!
Your passion for games development keeps you constantly curious and up to date with the latest evolutions in games development tools and practices.
Your high personal standards ensure you are always striving to deliver clean reusable code and code architectures that you and your team can be proud of. You work well in a team environment. You communicate clearly and effectively, voice your opinions but also listen respectfully to others’ point of view. You are comfortable working on challenges of different sizes and complexity and stay focused on the task at hand.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain existing tool implementation in Unity and develop Tools.
- Helping with the creation and visualisation of assets.
- Look after our release management tools, improving the server data update pipeline from our car release manager’s feedback.
- Work with our QA and License teams and add new features from their requests.
- Create Unit tests to check tool functionality and asset dependencies.
- Monitor and fix build issues in Jenkins Build farm.
- Update build tasks on Jenkins build server.
- Check the reason for build failures and report to affecting teams.
- Check if build agents are fully operational.
- Support on transitioning to a new software version.
- Be part of the upgrade process of current tools to work with new Unity and Photoshop software.
- Verify their compatibility, report issues and improvements.
- Confident with Python and C# or C++
- Knowledge on debugging and profiling tools
- An interest in the Unity Engine
Nice to have
- Understanding of Unity Engine and editor development
- Maya and Photoshop Experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.