Senior UX Designer
UI / UX Design (London-UK)
We are seeking a Lead UX Designer to work in the Racing team. You will ensure that features on our next racing title are implemented to AAA standards, whilst also breaking new UX ground as we implement cross-platform play in our next game.
You will advise and mentor other UX designers and collaborate with UI artists to ensure our players have a high-quality experience across a wide range of different devices.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
As a Lead UX Designer, your role will report into our UX Lead in our London Studio. Your role will be to ensure all UX Design is implemented to the highest standards, and will take point on the implementation of cross-platform UX design for our next game.
Breaking new ground: We are a rare example of a game which will allow cross-platform play, and you will
Leading The User Experience: You will be responsible for working with multiple feature teams as well as the cross-platform team and ensuring that UX is implemented to a consistent high standard across each.
Close Collaboration with the UI team: Working in unison with the UI team to deliver a peerless user experience with beautifully crafted visuals free of friction. Defining what is ‘best in class’ for a user experience in a cross-platform, mobile-first game.
Maintaining Interaction & Visual Consistency: Following existing interaction methods you will become a champion for maintaining consistency across all areas of the game.
Representing The Players’ Needs: You will be responsible for developing the user experience of game content and features that will be enjoyed by many millions of players and a truly international audience.
Required Experience & Skills
· Knowledge about, and experience with, contemporary UX design in digital platforms which can be applied to mobile and console games making.
· A good knowledge of the racing titles, with particular regards to the CSR world.
· An understanding and interest in emerging trends in digital platform UX
· Experience with user research and hypothesis-led user testing
· Real passion for gaming, especially mobile. You can reference the best and worst user experiences and apply the lessons to your work.
· Familiarity with a range of software you are comfortable with rapid prototyping and iteration of ideas, listening to feedback and exploring options to make the game stronger.
· An innate ability to develop prototypes that work across multiple aspect ratios and platforms.
· A passion for investigating new and emerging trends that push user experiences forwards.
· Comfortable with presenting and discussing the ergonomics of screen layout you can rationalise the interaction of every element and propose simple solutions to complex problems.
· You can demonstrate experience of designing for multiple platforms with scalability in mind
Desirable Experience & Skills
· Experience creating UX in Console and/or Mobile Games
· A background in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or related areas
· Experience with Sketch or similar rapid-prototyping tools
· Unity engine experience
What Do We Offer?
· Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
· Contributory pension scheme
· 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
· Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
· Life insurance and critical illness insurance
· Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
· Flexible working hours
· Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
· Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
· Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.