VFX Artist – Star Wars
Art & Animation (Brighton-UK, London-UK)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for VFX Artist to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and programming and gameplay requirements. You will possess the ability to work both independently and in cooperation with the Art Director, Animators and Designers to develop visually stunning in-game FX elements for game environments and characters as well as contribute to the development and enhancement of particle effect systems, tools, and pipelines.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with the Art Director to create memorable FX for all areas of the game
- Produce high quality VFX
- Technical implementation of FX
- Have effective pipelines and filing for asset management
- Work with Producers to create your schedule
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in VFX within the games industry
- Demonstrate experience with console and/ or IOS / Android platform development
- Experience in Unity or Unreal
- Experience with fluid simulation experience with Maya, Houdini or equivalent
- Fluent knowledge of at least one major 3D package (Max, Maya)
- Excellent technical and artistic problem-solving skills
- Efficient organisation and communication skills and ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a schedule.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about making games
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.